World Bank Dataset Guides
World Bank Dataset Guides provide detailed information about priority datasets of the World Bank. Each guide, accessible through World Bank's Directory Services, offers an overview of the dataset and details on its source and history; access to variable lists and dictionaries, if available; and guidance in using the dataset and in deciding whether it is appropriate for a particular application. In many cases, the guide will provide an interface for analytic browsing and GIS functionalities.
World Bank Dataset Guides include the following information:
- Abstract/Summary Information - an abstract or summary of the information found in the dataset with a link to the originating or developing organization, if available;
- Archival/Access Information - information on the organization(s) responsible for archival and on where and how you can access the dataset;
- Dataset Variables/Descriptions - a list of variables and their descriptions;
- Data Acquisition/Collection - information on how, where, and why the data were collected;
- Related Datasets - a list of related datasets with links to their dataset guides, if available;
- Contacts/References - points of contact;
- Keywords - words by which the dataset guides can be indexed.
Availability of Dataset Guides
Currently available or soon-to-be released World Bank Dataset Guides are as follows:
Dataset Guide Search
The Dataset Guides are full-text indexed and searchable.