Consortium for International Earth Science Information Network
- "An indispensable asset to anyone working on global problems...Altogether, this is a remarkable volume."
--Kenneth E. Boulding, Global Environmental Change
- "A marvelously comprehensive, well-produced handbook."
--The New York Review of Books
- "Fascinating reading...An indispensable guide to all those whose decisions impact on the world's natural resource systems."
--Maurice F. Strong, Secretary General, 1992 U.N. Conference on Environment and Development
- "Objective, readable and intelligently designed."
- "An unparalleled educational resource for today's students. Whatever you need to know about the global environment can most likely be found in this book."
--Gilbert Grosvenor, President, National Geographic Society
- "Outshines its competitors both as an information source and as a policy guide...The overpowering challenger in the contest for primacy among environmental almanacs."
--The Environmental Forum
- "Performs a valuable service for government leaders, policymakers, corporations, and citizens' organizations around the world."
--William D. Ruckelshaus, Chief Executive Officer, Browning- Ferris Industries
Text Browser Utilities:
[CIESIN Home Page,
Information Cooperative Home Page,
Dataset Guides Home Page
For more information about CIESIN and our activities contact User Services:
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone: 1-517-797-2727
Last modified 27 February 1995.