Consortium for International Earth Science Information Network
File Transfer Protocol Instructions for Retrieval
Another method you can use to access the CIESIN Kiosk is File Transfer Protocol (FTP). FTP is an interactive program used to transfer files between computers. The following instructions can be used to retrieve a Kiosk paper from any ftp site:
- Type ftp ftp.ciesin.org.
- At the login prompt, type anonymous.
- At the password prompt, enter your e-mail address (such as email@example.com).
- To access the directory of Kiosk papers, change directories using cd kiosk/publications.
- To access the Kiosk Index of Unpublished Scholarly Papers from the publications subdirectory, type get index.txt.
- To retrieve a particular paper from the publications subdirectory, type get <codenumber>.
- To close the connection, type quit.
- For further information about accessing papers, copyrights, and submissions, type get kiosk-FAQ.txt.
Text Browser Utilities:
[CIESIN Home Page,
Kiosk Home Page,
For more information about CIESIN and our activities contact User Services:
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone: 1-517-797-2727
Last modified 27 February 1995.